3rd Grade Calendar

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cause and Effect in Ms. Moran's Class

This week in reading we have been working on CAUSE and EFFECT.
"If ___________, then ___________ will happen."

On  Monday, we had a long string of dominoes set up on the floor in Room 1.  We also had a cardboard paper towel tube, and a marble.  As a class we decided: "If we roll the marble through the tube and it touches the first domino, then all of the dominoes will fall."  We tested it, and we were correct!

We're still working on Cause and Effect but I wanted to share with you some of the things your children have come up with so far (they are incredible!):

If I don't go trick or treating... then I do not get candy (Grace)
If you touch an electric plug... then you will get shocked (Danny)
If you were snoring... then the person next to you can not sleep (Amanda)
If you don't go to school... then the teacher will miss you (Benji)
If I scare a cat... then it will run away (Julia)
If the fire alarm goes off... then you line up (Savanna)
If someone fell from a 20 story building... then they might die (Austin N)
If you put too much toilet paper in the toilet... then it might get clogged (Sarah)
If you fall... then you will get hurt (Kenya)
If you give me money... then I'll spend it all (Kaylie)
If a superhero does not stop a super mega monster... then the super mega monster will escape (Logan)
If I ever get eaten alive... then I'll probably say _____ (nothing, because I got eaten alive) (Cyrus)
If you eat all of the cookies... then you might get a stomachache (Jason)
If you lose your tooth and put it under your bed... then you'll get money (Anna)
If you jump in a pool... then you will get wet (David)
If you go in a pool after eating... then you'll probably die (Jose)
If I have a puppy... then I will have fun (Eily)
If I scare my dog... then she will have a heart attack (Austin C)
If you go out barefoot when it's hot... then your feet will melt (Lennon)
If you take a pen in the swimming pool... then it will not work (Jhonson)
If you put on to much blush... then you might look tan (Rose)
If you put chocolate on Ms. Moran's desk... then it will be gone (Angel)
If I hit my brother... then I will get in trouble (Keliah)
If I bother a bee... then the bee will sting me (ow) (Emma)
If you're not nice... then you will get a minor (Octavio)

No comments:

Post a Comment